On this blog

Friday, March 21, 2014

Celebrations - March 21, 2014

Time to celebrate the things that go unnoticed!  


VikLit had the idea for this Friday blog that celebrates the small things that often go unnoticed.  I often read the posts and reflect that I had never noticed the things  baing mentioned.  Once I see what they are, I find myself celebrating, too.

Join us!  Details are at the end of this post.

Today is the first full day of spring.  We all remember spring, don't we?  Especially after such a dreadful winter as this has been?

The season of sprouting flowers, of flotillas of Canada geese and songbirds returning home...  I heard birds outside my window after the silence of winter, and I smiled.

Down south (in the US) the magnolias and azaleas are beginning to bloom.  I remember strolling beneath Spanish moss-festooned branches and filling my sight with magenta azaleas.

I am also celebrating morning tea.  Usually slightly sweetened and well-milked.  I drink two or three cups each morning.  It's especially good when I remember to drink it while it is hot.

What else?  the cold is easing up, but I can still enjoy a fire.  There is something about watching flames that speaks of comfort and celebration.  It does help if you are not cursed with the ability to put out any fire you encounter, even if it is begun with gasoline and dry pitch pine.  I have several acquaintances with that ability.

And another celebration - all of you .  It is good to read what is posted and see smiles through your eyes.


8 comments:

  1. A lovely post of celebrations Diana. I love a nice cup of tea in the morning too, especially if I can sit and savour it properly, contemplating the day ahead. You really shouldn't rush a cup of tea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh SPRING! I should have put that on my list. It'll be awhile before anything around here is blooming, but I'm going to enjoy every nice day Mother Nature throws at us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always smile when I read your posts, Diana; and then I forget to drink MY tea. Often I lose my cup (on the mantle, on a bookshelf, behind the computer). They tell me it's part of growing...mature. I don't care! I am going to Celebrate the heck out of this first day of spring with - yard work and my eternal hope that it will indeed come soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sitting by a fire in the evening is one of my favorite things, which reminds me to bring in some wood today. (I missed it the last two nights.) I'm excited about heading into the yard with the kids tomorrow to plant our garden. It's such a joy to be outside this time of year. Thanks for the subtle reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty shot of nature! Glad Spring is here...though its still freezing in NY lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spring is a beautiful season indeed. We have so many birds, each singing a different tune, during different parts of the day.


    MJ, A to Z Challenge Co-Host
    Writing Tips
    Effectively Human
    Lots of Crochet Stitches


    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Diana .. glad you're feeling better - and yes, the wonders of Spring - except we have a cold sting in the tail this weekend and days ahead .. hope it goes away! But we have longer days and that is bliss! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. On the first day of spring here in NY we had a white-out. I just know warm weather HAS to be coming...

    ReplyDelete